Check Your Briefs
July 25, 2016
A teen party turned fatal early Monday morning. At least 2 dead, and as many as 17 injured, ages ranging from 12 to 27, at the Club Blu in Fort Myers, Florida. The party was billed as a "Swimsuit Glow Party." One of the injured victims is only twelve. Motive has not been released. It is unclear if the suspect has been identified. The police have five people detained, says Fox News U.S.
CEO and chairman of Fox News, Roger Ailes, has stepped down Thursday, July 21, 2016. Ailes has been the subject of a sexual harassment lawsuit brought on by Gretchen Carlson, says USA Today.
It is expected that later today, Hilary Clinton will announce who she will pick at her VP running mate. The recent shooting events in Munich may change that plan, but that has not been confirmed, says NBC News
Gunfire erupted at the Olympia shopping mall today in Munich, Germany. There was, simultaneously, gunfire at the McDonald's across from the mall. At this time we know about eight people have been killed and there are at least three people on the loose. It is believed to be a terror attacked, says CNN.
Anthem has proposed to purchase Cigna for $54 billion, and Aetna is planning to purchase Humana for $37 billion. The Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed lawsuits to block both of these mergers. The concern is that with these mergers, the reduction in insurance providers will cause hardship for Americans."Competitive insurance markets are essential to providing Americans the affordable and high-quality healthcare they deserve," said Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch. The insurance companies plan to challenge the lawsuits, says CNBC
April 3, 2014
A mid-afternoon accident at Galena and Montana left this car disabled in the intersection.
- Protect Yourself, Crops, Equipment and Firefighters
- Evel Days security wrap up
- Illustrated woman dissapears
- Man pours drink on officer's shoe
- Evel crime stats for 2016
- The Evel Knievel behind Evel Kneivel Days
- This Week in Labor History July 27 - Aug 2
- Public Works to Provide Weekly Construction Updates
- Dawes Nominated for Allstate AFCA Good Works Award
- County Shops Relocation Public Meeting
- Football Season Tickets On Sale
- Teamster's told no layoffs at Saint James
- Governor Bullock's Flag Proclamation
- Man invades car at Taco Bell
- A veteran policeman's perspective